View Single Post
      05-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
wjibby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X5 3.0si

Question X5's with over 100,000 miles thread

This thread is for X5 owners with over 100,000 miles on their car.

First, I have been reading a lot of reviews of the car and 50% of people are not happy with the reliability of the car. I just bought an X5 3.0si with 111,600 miles on it. It had a clean Carfax but lots of routine maintenance like brake fluid changes (why so many) and other things that should not be routine.

My Mechanic checked out the car and the only thing he mentioned is it needs new tires up front. Everything was tight and all the electronics was working fine. The EMF switch was broken and I will repair that. The top of the glove box was peeling off the cover (fixed that) and a cigarette hole in the rear seat which I will repair. My Mechanic and I were both surprised that we had a real spare tire in the back.

So, I am asking anyone that has a X5 with over 100,000 miles to comment here on any maintenance issues (especially 2007's). Mainly large cost items.

What I am trying to determine here is by the time you reach 100,000 miles, most of the major mechanical problems should have been fixed. I am assuming that the car has been routinely maintained by a BMW dealer or excellent BMW Mechanic.

So chime in with your complaints and problems here.

Regards
wjibby