09-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #49
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyM5 View Post
Call both AA and Eurocharge and see who you like best. I have used both, the only reason I would lean to Eurocharge is that they do not charge you for changing your tune based on modification like downpipes.
While it's not relatable since it's a Ford, but the tuning package for my Harley F150 was $600 for wideband, a "base tune" after I tell him my mods, a little OBDII dongle called an iTSX and then I simply run it via an app on my phone. I datalog directly to my phone via the wideband being connected to the dongle, I email the guy my logs and he sends me a tune. Rinse and repeat until I'm satisfied with the tune, and it's free tuning for life...anytime I decide to upgrade from my current Kenne Bell and say go twin turbo, do full length headers instead of shorties, start running bigger injectors and using E85, etc...free tunes. I'm currently around 600hp, with room to get upwards of 1000hp if I went TT. Knowing I don't have to pay for addional tuning and I'm about as close to dynotuned as one can get since these are custom tunes made for my truck is great. No ///M tax here.

I've looked at Burger based off a recommendation from a friend who works at Vivid Racing, but he's heavily into the F10 M5 platform and their tuning options are completely different, so now I feel like I'm back to square one on chosing a tuner. It's nice to know that Eurocharge allows for free upgrades, that's a great value in itself...but I wonder to what limit.
Appreciate 1
TTV8M123.50