10-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #5
Birdoprey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
You're checking via BMW VIN decoder?

The M Performance Package is not that common since it was only offered for 1 year. Along with the bump in power, M Performance added gloss black exhaust tips and aluminum pedals, so that would be an indicator as well for someone who isn't using a VIN decoder. M Sport is purely cosmetic, but is also required for M Performance to be added.

I don't believe you can add the specific M Performance tune, but there are many other tunes out there for the 50i that will add more HP/TQ than M Performance. Dinan recently slashed their tune price from $3K to $926 - it's rated at 494 HP/579 TQ.

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d9...ries&mid=1128/
Yessir, used the VIN decoder. My exhaust tips are black(though I have not checked to make sure they are supposed to be! lol). Can't remember if brake and gas pedals are alum, but the dummy pedal to the left is alum. Will take a looksee when I get home.
I had looked at the Dinan tunes few months ago and quickly looked elsewhere due to price. Looks like they are now close enough to be of interest. Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0