View Single Post
      03-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #102
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

hey guys. first of all i just want to say thank you so much for all the props! it means a lot to me as a fellow enthusiast who is obsessed with cars as much as the worst of them.

unfortunately i have no update on my X5M yet. my GTR has been in surgery for a while now (turbo upgrades, meth injection, fuel system, etc) in preparation for the Redline Time Attack series this year and i have been sharing my X5 with my fiancee for a few months now because i recently sold my E60 M5. with the next M5 a few years away, and i am in need of another car to drive i decided to pickup the best alternative today. i thought i would share this cause i am really excited about this car. i have never had one of these before, but i have to say after driving many Mercs before and never being a fan, this one is an entirely new monster that deserves a lot of respect. with the revised suspension, wet clutch, and paddle shifters on the steering column, incredibly sexy looks, and a monster engine with one hell of an angry exhaust roar, there is no doubt for me that this is the ultimate high performance sedan to have on the road right now. acceleration, braking, and handling are a class act for a 4000 lbs plus sedan, and cannot think of another one that even comes close to the way this one feels while being behind the controls. the seating position coupled with the low horizon dashboard makes you feel like you are in a shifter kart (but you are aware that you are actually sitting in a luxury sedan) with a throaty V8 motor attached to your back. the transmission shifts in 100ms, and when you upshift the exhaust cackles like the backfire you only hear in a race car which is sure to keep a big smile on your face from each gear change to the next. to be brutally honest, i loved my M5 for years but this car is better in almost every comparable category. if i woke up tomorrow and a brand new M5 was in my garage instead of this i would be in tears.

i hope nobody takes offense to me posting a Merc on here, but this is my only update so far! mods are starting tomorrow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0