racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanOz View Post
@ Racer M

Dude how did you smoke the rear lights? Is it something you did yourself or did you have it done professionally?

Wanna do the same to mine cause they look awesome.

Cheers

Kman
Thanks. They were painted by BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA. Give them a call if you are in the area, ask for Betim or Joey they will hook you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK69 View Post
Also does anyone know of a reputable tunner that offers a nice sports or racing exhaust for the X5M
like Tubi, hamman, hartge, supersprint?
Any suggestions?
Currently, as far as I know nobody has a product finished and for sale yet. However, a tuner I work with in the Los Angeles area is in the process of building one for mine (Gintani Motorsports www.gintani.com). I will post pics and dyno results once the install is complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGT View Post
Bumping up your thread to see if there are any updates to either your X5 M or GT-R.

I am in the midst of getting a 2006-2007 M5, and I would love to add an X5 M for winter driving tasks like snow boarding, and add a GT-R for weekend/track driving in 2 or 3 years.

Any other advice on the M5? You pretty much stated it is a nice balance of most of the cars you have owned but does not excel in any one category, which confirms my decision of having an M5 as a daily for a big dude like me (6'4 over 200 lbs)
I just picked up my GTR from BBI Autosport yesterday with a few new mods. We had been building a 6 point roll bar for a while now which was finalized and finished with a matte silver coat. We removed the rear seats and installed modified PasswordJDM dry carbon rear seat delete inserts. A custom made alcantara headliner in charcoal that wraps around all pillars (including the sun visors) was installed, the grip portions of the steering wheel and E brake handle as well. BBI fabricated an under-chassis mounted transmission cooler after testing a set of Pagid track/street mixture pads on the track with minimal results we elected to go with a full race pad. Both will be tested soon on track when the rainstorms that started this morning stop later on this week. I will post some pics soon.

Advice on the M5: don't buy one, get an X5M instead.
Appreciate 0