Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

SAE Article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
I actually paid for it. I buy quite a lot of SAE articles from their website as the information tends to be more reliable than what you find trolling the WWW. The only problem with Googling stuff is that whoever is writing often has some axe to grind, but you rarely get to find out what their angle is or how credible or knowledgeable they are. On forums like this you can generally get an idea of someone's credibility after they have made a few posts, but most people who post on auto-related forums tend to be young males with strong opinions but little experience. Nothing wrong with that -- I was one once -- but you have to be able to filter out a lot of what they say.

I enjoy all the posts, even those I suspect are somewhat less than informative. It's good to have such a variety of people with a common interest.
I appreciate the bounceback.I'll find the article over at the SAE website.I concur w/ your analysis of a lot of auto forums.Sometimes you gotta dig a little deeper for the correct info your looking for.Thanks much! PalBay
Appreciate 0