05-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
alistair
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 ///M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5///M  [0.00]
Ordered! X6 to X5... what are the build timelines like?

So,

I traded my '09 X6 35 for a '12 X5 50. I've gone a little crazy with options (as has my CA, as I've changed my mind several times!)

Went in the end with:

- Sparkling Bronze w/Oyster and Bamboo (LOVE the oyster and bamboo - 2 years in my X6 and still looked decent!)
- Cold Weather
- Premium
- Sport with 20s (like the M sport, but not giving up my heated wheel!)
- Adaptive drive (always thought this did nothing in me X6 until I tried an X5 without and an X5 with....)
- Technology (looking forward to backup camera coming up the same decade as I shift into reverse!)
- Nappa dash (couldn't find many pics of this, but have seen other cars with it and it looks stunning!)
- Running boards
- Apps

I've already traded the X6, so I'm now driving in the traffic and rain in my E46 M3 convertible (NOT fun).

My car is due to be built week 22 at the moment - website still shows "order placed" and phone status is "no production date".

I loved my X6, but I'm ready for a little more practicality with the X5 (rear wiper, ability to have friends over 5'9" sit in the back, take more than 2 pairs of skis anywhere, etc etc).

What have people's timelines been like from "estimated production week" to "actual production" and then delivery?

Last time I ordered a factory build was an 07 335, and the wait nearly killed me.

Argh! Impatience!

-Alistair
Appreciate 0