View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #43
KCLARK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E^)M% & 2013 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Could someone explain the difference and benefits of the KW V3 suspension vs X6M stock with EDC and rear airbag auto height adjustable. I like the option to switch between the factory setting using EDC on the fly. I would think the factory EDC is highly sophisticated being electronic and smooths out the rough spots. I don't want a kidney transplant if the KW make the ride too stiff. I don't want to bounce all over either. A slight drop would be nice. but I am not looking to slam the truck. I need to tow and have an execuhitch installed. I am all for performance gains and better ride characteristic, but not at the risk of making the ride too harsh. I don't track my X6M. I normally drive with the EDC on most of the time except if I have passengers and traveling on the highway or really bumpy roads and I need a more supple ride. I know the V3 is adjustable, but I'm not interested in continuous tinkering with the dampening. Set it and leave it. How "intelligent" or quick is the dampening compared to the factory electronic EDC program. I guess what I am asking is what makes the KW V3 much better than the factory "tuned' EDC? Do you need the KW factory delete option or will the KW's work with the factory EDC? I thought the EDC also controlled the electronic sway bars or something? Is the factory ride auto height adjustment retained? Thanks, as you can tell I am somewhat confused by the way the KW set up functions.
Im with you to in that view which is why id like to know why it seems so many X5 M owners get KW's in the Version 3 instead of just getting V1's? Do you really need that much adjustability just to street ride which a high percentage of X5/M owners are doing. If you track or even occasionally track your SUV then justification would come in for getting V3, or even V2. All KW version can produce a drop and would tend to think even V1 is better than stock damping wise. Im looking to hear why so many chose to get the top teir V3 suspension when its not needed?
Appreciate 0