View Single Post
      04-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
Maxx2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
I did a search online and found a reference to a Dinan intake for the N63 that may be in development. I guess we will see...
I inquired with Dinan a few days ago regarding their upgrade plans for the X5 50i and below is the response I received...

My original email:
Hello. I would like to know what upgrades you are working on for a 2012 X5 50i. Will you offer a stage 2 and stage 3 tune? Will you be releasing an upgraded intake for this platform? I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

DINAN response:
We actually do now offer a Stage 2 and Stage 3 software version for the X5 50. The State 3 is specifically designed for use with our Free Flow Exhaust.

We are also developing an intake system, but I do not have a projected delivery date as yet. I would guess in the next 60-90 days, but that’s just a guess at this point.

Best regards,

Scott Leandres

800-341-5480, x105

Sounds like they have something planned for the intake, but at what cost?? Dinan is notorious for being VERY expensive. I am very interested to see their solution to the intake path restriction though...

That stage 3 tune with 511hp and 580lb-ft sounds great but $3,700 puts it well above any other tune available. If they produced a dyno sheet and real world testing results they would sell quite a few tunes even at that price. Difficult to justify that much $$ without any documented results...

Also worth noting is the fact that the above specs are with the factory intake in place. I would suspect that those numbers will climb once they improve the intake system.
Appreciate 0