02-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #64
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh97 View Post
I am buying a set soon. Dun's are smoked at 12k. Rear's still have some life but front ones are toast.
Yes, the front Duns will wear in on the insides around 12k (mine did). I think the agressive cambers of the X5 and stiff sidewall tires are not good combos. The stiff sidewalls don't have any give compared to non-RFTs, so it wears quicker unevenly (regular sidewalls let the tires rest naturally with aggressive camber setting).

I'm going back to my DWS if I'm not trading my X5 in for another BMW. The F15 body hasn't grown on me yet, maybe once I see the model with mSport might change my mind. A set of DWS will last 30k miles, easy. Mine had 25k with the D.W.S wear indicator still in tack. Plus, DWS is so much better on snow and icy roads.

PLEASE, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE: Once you switch to DWS, have a spare set of tires on hand. I carry a bottle of fix-a-flat for long trips. It's a good idea to have a spare set (or at least one front and one rear). When you have a blow out, it's really hard to locate a set of DWS in town.
Appreciate 0