View Single Post
      08-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Ultimate Service? More like Ultimate BS!

So I have a 2012 Msport with !4K miles on it and just over a year and a half old. Over the past week I've been smelling a rotten sour smell when I first get into the SUV in the morning and turn the A/C on. It goes away or at least I can't smell it after about 5 minutes. So I go into my local dealership and explain the problem and I was told that the in cabin filter needs to be replaced. So I started to schedule an appointment and then was told it would cost me a little over $200 to replace. I said "doesn't this fall under the Ulitmate Service" And I was told yes it does, but BMW NA will only replace every 3 years and mine isn't even 2 years old. This is the dumbest thing I've heard. Filters all don't last the same amount of time. A lot has to do with where you live and the conditions you drive in. So to set a 3 year interval is absurd. I just ordered a loaded 535 Msport 2 weeks ago and I told them at BMW NA that if thats their idea of Ultimate Service, I'll be cancelling my order and buying elsewhere. The supervisor said he will investigate and call me back.