View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
rodell
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I have no oil consumption issues on my 2012 X6 (drove it right out of PCD and did not baby it).

Also with BMW apps and the snap in adapter, iPhone integration rocks (I think iPod integration (not apps) was avail in your 2010 however - so maybe they didn't order it on you car).

Not sure what you mean about switching on/off park distance. Mine is on in reverse and off when I start driving.

Last but not least, I have real-time traffic integrated into the NAV - your car should too.

Now....
TOTALLY agree with the lack of grab handles - #2 complaint on this truck. Doesn't bother me too much but my shorter front seat passengers can't get in without hitting heads since they have to take a running start.

Also, hate the metal rods sticking out of the back of the back seats - no clue what those are for and they look terrible. Right, I remember now, they are for child seat connections. Been a long time since I had to worry about that stuff. On the wife's RX300 (at the time) the bars were there but you had to cut the fabric to get to them. I'd prefer this.

and..the way the door skin shimmies when the door is shut. Very cheap looking.

BUT MOST OF ALL I hate the drag on the car when decelerating - might be trans, might be alternator, but man, the thing drags to a stop without the use of the brakes. Ugh...
I have the iPod integration kit. I paid dearly for it as they had to recode the car to add it and open a PUMA case to figure out how.

I have real time traffic, but it is FM traffic. It comes and goes. My other cars have satellite and it is rock solid. The weather map is nice, too, which is only available from satellite.

I would like to see park distance control at least have a visual display. My problem is mostly forward and I have to turn it on manually. It seems it could operate at low speed and popup when something is within range (which could be configurable).

BMW will only do something about the oil if it is more than one quart in 750 miles. I'm about one quart in 1500 miles, depending on how I drive it. I have about 16,000 miles.
Appreciate 0