View Single Post
      10-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #35
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG22DuBz View Post
Lets keep this alive......getting 1/4 mile numbers tomorrow. Not being able to use Launch Control is hurting big time. Who has downpipes? What mph could u trap with downpipes and tune?

JimShorts....did u go back to the track?

Made it back with K&Ns in and my best pass so far is 12.33@112 with a Eurocharged 93 tune. Still have my race gas tune to try from Eurocharged i really think I could see a 12.1 on that tune alone but havent had a chance to try it. I still think a 12.2X is in this 93 tune but I was starting to run into traction issues!!! My plan is to go back on a test and tune day and pay a little extra or I might be heading down to MIR for perfect track prep and perfect DA. Its the MIRacle track for a reason. Would love to see a 11.9X pass on that tune alone down there.

Big get that beast looked at. Ive had great experiences with Jerry at EC. Had my E55 AMG tuned by them and thats what got me into the 11s on street tires in that car. Really easy process and they will give you multiple tunes and a programmer so you can easily switch between tunes. They also do free retunes for any future mods.

Are you using launch control? Take a look at my drag racing thread, I have my whole setup in there for when I'm at the track. Some people have tried some different things but with over 100 passes now Im pretty sure Ive got it down.

EDC normal
Traction Control off
Sport mode
Runners on/lights off (might just be in my head but Ive had my fastest passes with the runners on)
A/C off
Sit at the light and watch your rev. I wouldnt go on green let your revs climb as high as they go. For me I can see 2800rpm or so then I let it rip. Best 60ft so far was a 1.83 but I know if I go to a better prepped track I can cut that down.
Make sure to have under a quarter tank of gas and lose the spare out of the trunk. Although those are just small weight reductions it all makes a difference.

I weighed my truck with me in it last time I was at the track and I was at 5500 lbs with me in it.

Ive got my slip sitting around somewhere Ill have to load it.