View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #17
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Couple of things...

ddk632
Unless you are in Southern Florida, GET the Cold Weather Package. The heated steering wheel is one of the best features on this truck. I bet you will use it more than you use the side view cameras (I've used mine once - coming out of a parking garage in downtown Chicago).

Next, the ventilated seats are worthless - so nice choice going with something colorful.

Regarding PCD - YOU get a car similar to the one you ordered. Others, who opted for a non-M X5/X6 get the M version for PCD. Nothing worse than getting in your brand new car and thinking "wait, where did all that power go?". Alas, you will not have this issue Note, you don't get to drive around the full track - but if I remember correctly, you get to drive around part of it (a small course). Still a lot of fun. You will get a hot lap in an M5 with one of the professional drivers - mark my word, it will be the best part of PCD Make sure you do the factory tour however - also awesome. You won't believe how many X6s they actually make compared to X5s - most go overseas however).

Do some searches on breaking the car in. Most "experts" say that the first miles you put on your vehicle make or break it (pun intended?) and driving it hard is much better than going easy (just go easy on the brakes). Note the X5M/X6M do not qualify for the 1,200 mile service from BMW - but it might not be a bad idea to do that if you own the car. If you are leasing, never mind
Appreciate 0