View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 08:11 PM   #26
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmudkipz View Post
Any chance you can elaborate on the main difference if doing this on a S63TU? Something about air cleaners that are only on the N63? Will I need to tee/splice anything vs your instructions?

Also I'm wondering how I might best adjust the vacuum without a mechanical boost gauge. Any more info on how you did the adjustment would be appreciated i.e. with the engine at idle and warm. I do have bootmod3 and ista so that might help.

Sorry to ask so much, some of this will probably become more clear once I better understand the CCV system.
Many thanks for sharing this with the community.
Intakes are completely different on S63 & N63 however connections to the Catch cans are basically the same, the main difference is the cross connections from intake to intake the S63 has with the CCV lines. You can eliminate these and duplicate what I have done on the N63. I can post more pics if you need.

You will need a vacuum gauge to know where you are at with vacuum and to make sure everything is working right. you dont have to permanently install it. Just tap the oil filter cap like i did and run the line into the cabin through the door jam. (I can post pics on this too if you like) What you are looking for is to pull around negative 8-10 psi at idle, and to make sure that there is no boost leak back into the crank case so under acceleration with the turbos engaged it should read -1 or 0.

After this is set you can remove the vacuum gauge and put a small rubber cap on the tap you added to the oil cap.

I will say you may want to hold off on this a bit, I am going to take this to the next level and add an header evacuation system to this and route the CCV tubes that normally run to the intake to the exhaust. (Basically the tubes you see running to your intake will instead running to a pair of Bernoulli tubes welded to the lower exhaust collectors).

This is a very old-school way of having negative vacuum in the crank case without having to route the crankcase fumes back into the intake. It would also greatly simplify the CCV system

It should improve performance throughout the engine band and no more combustion gases being recycled back in to the intakes.

I do not know how this will effect the tuning (if at all), will know more this weekend, going to baseline the truck tonight and then do a before and after test. Will post results back then.
Appreciate 1
TTV8M125.00