View Single Post
      02-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #8
DallasBeemer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i Vermillion Red

Just ordered X6 35i

Just ordered my new BMX X6 35i from Classic BMW in Dallas. Should be here in late April. After much debate, I decided on Vermillion red (like on the BMW USA website), although I really also liked the Titanium silver and Obsidian black. Just came down to the fact that I've already had those colors, and wanted something a little different.

Dealers finally have the pricing and are able to take orders and submit to the factory in South Carolina. They don't have color brochures, however. At least my dealer didn't. In fact, I had better pictures (thanks to the snaps taken by those around the South Carolina plant and posted on this and other websites). No negotiation on sticker price or on packages, but they did throw in comfort access at no charge, Sirius radio at no charge, and automatic tailgate at no charge - about $2200 worth of "freebies."
I got the Premium package, the cold weather package, the rear climate package, the technology package and standard wheels.

Some items I wanted but couldn't get unless you bought the entire package. You can't upgrade to Nappa leather unless you purchase the ventilated seat package; (I've had the air conditioned seats in my Infiniti M45 and don't like them at all - it's a waste.) You can't get ipod adapter as stand-alone without the premium sound package; and you can't upgrade to any other wheel and tire unless you get the sport package, although the dealers' parts departments will gladly hit you up for a few hundred percent markup if you want to go that route vs. aftermarket for sportier tires and wheels.

It all added up to $58,825. All in, taxes and destination fee, $61.8K. Not a bargain, but at least I didn't pay full sticker for everything.
Appreciate 0