Doenermann
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
Thanks for the compliments and replies.

I had never tried the golf tee mod but I'm sure its sounds very similar, if not identical to it. I have not yet gone on a high way trip over 15 minutes, so I haven't made up my mind whether or not it's something that I can / want to live with. I'm sure I can learn to live with the lack of responsiveness at low rpms, but I believe it's amplified by the Dinan Stage 1 tune which already has much higher peak torque (around 4300 rpm or so). The extra highway noise at "cruising speed" and the "crookedness" is much more of a concern. I will contact BMW as soon as i've decided wether my goal is to get them fixed or to return them for a full refund.

It also should be physically possible to cut that valve from my original tip and attach it to the new one via an additional clamp, no? And remove a section (same width) from the new passenger side tip. I highly doubt BMW will do this and I don't want to do it myself either and lose the 2 year warranty on parts.

@Zerrantos: Did you end up getting your tips? If so, please post a pic.

@NeedMoreToyz: Nice collection of cars there! You're in / from Germany? It's rare to see a 35"i" there, most are 30/35/40"d". And I don't even wanna know what they cost over there.... I've certainly enjoyed paying less USD's for German cars since I moved here from Germany 11 years ago.

And since my car was liked, here's one more pic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0