Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
X6 35i OEM 50i Exhaust Tip FITMENT and sound

Hello everyone,

as previously discussed here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...=exhaust+sound

I have taken in my car and asked the service staff to "fix" the exhaust tip fitment. I had mentioned that they were A - not horizontal B - one protruding further from the bumper and C - very low over all.

Here is what my invoice said in response to "customer states" blah blah blah:

Corrected Exhaust tip fitment. No Adjustment available for Exhaust tips.......

It looks like they may have have adjusted something or other, but I'm not sure what and whether or not it lasted. Please see the pics in the thread linked above and the 'real' photo below (before) compared to the cell pic I just took (about one week after the "fix")

On another note, I'm not sure about the sound. Supposedly (according to the BMW materials) it does not mention a change in sound, correct? Obviously it is louder and less responsive without the flap under 2k rpm (noticibly so, compared to before). I like the low rumble at idle, but don't care for the more noticable sound at freeway speeds when cruising at 2.5k rpm or so.

Could I contact BMW NA and complain about the fitment as well as the sound? Whether or not I end up keeping them is another story, but could I argue that the product is not working as specified / designed? End result being either a refund for parts and labor, or a discount (doubtful)?

TIA!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0