View Single Post
      01-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

check engine light update #5 ? oh hell I don't know..

Well car has been at dealers for 3 days now.

First day I was told that they wrangled with BMW about fault codes and at of the day received approval to reprogram car.

Second day they reprogrammed car but wanted to do some drive cycles (drive for x mile stop drive another x miles) to make sure it fixed the problem.

Third day after doing some drive cycles they say the battery is bad and will have to be replaced. Good news they have the battery in stock ..... but ( you knew this was coming) replacing the battery will require the car to be reprogrammed again.

I am suppose to get it back tomorrow afternoon sometime, We are going down the coast to Carmel/Monterey for our anniversary starting early Saturday morning ( having some work done on the house and can't be there for at least 3 days).

This already has cost me a trip to Socal at Christmas time to visit family.

Saying this is a "new" model and this is to be expected is crap. The engine is new,most everything else other than DPC is from X5 line. About now a MB AMG is looking good. BMW makes an $80k car that takes three days to figure out it has a bad battery, you know I can't ever think of a new car I had that came with a bad battery.

At this point my wife doesn't think she will replace her 330 with another BMW.
Appreciate 0