01-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
great info!! so the 8 spd is a 2011 model not 2010? ordering 2011 will be well before April? is this correct. i may have to wait it out.
BMW is switching to 2011s in the spring for most model vehicles. 2010 is a shortened model year for the models making the switch. So yes the April cars will be 2011s. The 2010 ordering banks for dealers has closed on a lot of products already- I am not 100% on the X6 being closed already. This means no 2010 models can be ordered. Dealers have not been given their allocations for 2011s yet- (except some 7 series).

So if the dealer ordered you a car and you pull out now- they will have to take that car since they have that allocation slot- part of the reason they want you to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
any price jump for the new 8sp or options.
If there is one it will be minimal and well worth it, there may be an extra option in there as well for the 2011s. The increased economy of the 8 speed will offset the price difference as will the increased value down the road. Especially if you are buying...

As I always say- everyone makes their own call on when/what to buy- dealers should get more aggressive on pricing with the 2010s if the 11's are not far out.