10-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #56
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer m View Post
I'm on NAGTROC with the same user name, yes. I was at the Top Gear event also, that was a fun day (except my GTR was having tranny and coolant overheating issues - tranny cooler is being fabricated as we speak before the time attack event at Cali-Speedway on Nov 14th and I will be running Willall fluid now). The ZR1 does have a great brake setup, but remember it weighs less than almost every sports car in its class so that will give it a big advantage. You will be amazed though, even with a heavy car (such as a GTR) what kind of stopping performance improvements can be achieved with just as little as swapping out for a more aggressive pad. I upgraded my GTR with stainless steel brake lines, high performance fluid, and now that I have trashed my stock rotors and pads from 3 track events, I am going with the AP slotted rotor upgrade and Pagid pads for the next event. I wanted to go with the J hook rotors but they are extremely noisy and chew up pads faster than any other rotor (at over $1000 for pads I opted for slotted rotors instead). I am excited to see how the car will perform in a few weeks with all of these upgrades!

Can't believe you sold your GTR dude... you weren't feeling it, huh? I couldn't live w/o mine

-Matt
NICE! I shall see you at California Speedway then. Redline time attack right? I was just there last weekend with PCA. You know, the GT-R was great. But I got so heated with my Nissan dealer in my area, Im surprised that no one has burned that mother to the ground. *cough* *cough* That's about it. (Nearest nissan dealer is a 1 hour away from my local one) I had the paint chipping off the bumper, the usual things that Im sure most GT-R owners had. I had the car over heat alot. In the summer it gets well over 115 out here. I got so sick of them printing out papers on my car blaming things on me. It wasn't the service I liked and every monthly finance charge that came in the mail left a little less of a smile on my face.

I am considering picking one up in a few years however as a track car Once everyone really knows the strength and weakness once they get to high mileage.