10-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #55
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Congrats on the x5m. I have an x6m on order in white for the wifey. Have I seen you on NAGTROC? Those look like the pictures from the TOP GEAR photo shoot

I agree with you on the F430 brakes. I drove a stock, non-carbon ceramic at williow springs. Faded within 2 laps. You really need to go with the carbon ceramic. ZR1 had the best brakes out of any car I have owned.
I'm on NAGTROC with the same user name, yes. I was at the Top Gear event also, that was a fun day (except my GTR was having tranny and coolant overheating issues - tranny cooler is being fabricated as we speak before the time attack event at Cali-Speedway on Nov 14th and I will be running Willall fluid now). The ZR1 does have a great brake setup, but remember it weighs less than almost every sports car in its class so that will give it a big advantage. You will be amazed though, even with a heavy car (such as a GTR) what kind of stopping performance improvements can be achieved with just as little as swapping out for a more aggressive pad. I upgraded my GTR with stainless steel brake lines, high performance fluid, and now that I have trashed my stock rotors and pads from 3 track events, I am going with the AP slotted rotor upgrade and Pagid pads for the next event. I wanted to go with the J hook rotors but they are extremely noisy and chew up pads faster than any other rotor (at over $1000 for pads I opted for slotted rotors instead). I am excited to see how the car will perform in a few weeks with all of these upgrades!

Can't believe you sold your GTR dude... you weren't feeling it, huh? I couldn't live w/o mine

-Matt
Appreciate 0