racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichighley View Post
but im gonna do it any way...

How would you rate the performance of the GT-R, 430, M5 and 997 Turbo? They are all (redundantly) high performance cars, each with their own signature strength. Just curious as to how you would compare them to each other in terms of pure, pedal to the metal, performance (the GT-R first I would assume) and more practical "everyday" performance (maybe the M5 or 997?)
With many years of pro racing experience I can say that hands down, with not one exception that the Nissan GTR is the best high performance sports car that has ever been made. I have driven almost everything that is out there (Veyron, CGT included) and have never been more impressed with a car than Godzilla. Some will hate on it, but that is just because they are mad that it will destroy their car that costs 3x more on the street and track and, no joke, there could be 100 of Ferraris, Lambos, or Porsches parked at the track, gas station, etc but when the GTR pulls up everyone turns their attention to it. The GTR gets more thumbs ups, what kind of car is that, how fast does that go from 10 years old kids to 65 year old men than anything else I have ever seen or owned. You can fit an entire shopping cart at Costco in the trunk of the GTR (got pics to prove it), take 4 people to the movies in it (not recommended!), and pretty much do anything else an everyday car can do then show up at the track the next day and run faster laps than a Porsche GT3, GT2, CGT, every Ferrari (except the Enzo), every Lambo, every Vette, etc. And that can be accomplished when the car is bone stock, once the modding begins forget about it... just a set of R888s, cobb tune and exhaust and it can do lap times close to a Grandam GT car and pull over 1.5 lateral Gs. The car simply defies the laws of physics and will keep every track junkie smiling ear to ear, lap after lap. The 996TT was highly modded, and was a great street/track car, but technologically is a joke compared to the GTR, the F430 is beautiful and sounds great but is slow and the brakes are horrible, and the M5 is a nice balance but would get its ass handed to it by all the others. If you want the ultimate performance super-car there is no substitute for a GTR, not a day goes by that I miss any of those cars and I only got the X5M so I don't keep putting too many miles on my GTR (I've got 12,000 in 7 months... yes I love this car!).

Last edited by racer m; 10-27-2009 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: type-o
Appreciate 0