07-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #21
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelm3 View Post
this will be long but i feel i should clarify.
This is good to know shenard & KJ. The porsche Dealer that was a "pain in the A$$" was in Tacoma, Wa.
they would Not cover my windshield wiperblade nor a couple interior light bulbs and my Cayenne had 19K at the time. they did not even want to give my wife a Loaner after they said the work would take 2-3days. when i got home i ended up driving 120 miles North to a Porsche Dealer up NE of SEATTLE where i was "Taken care of "
let me clarify, JIM ELLIS PORSCHE of ATLANTA was the Dealer i was referring to as being "upset" about the having to cover the tranny on the Cayenne.
I am In Iraq. my wife is who drives the Cayenne. she mentioned that the tranny had slipped once or twice. back in jan/feb she does not like to Drive my M3(neither do i want anyone to)and she does not even look at the Rodeo(when that is suppose to be her DD)so she kept driving the Cayenne. i got back on vacation April 3rd and as i got off the plane and was driving back with my wife and the kids the tranny slipped 30 miles south of the ATL AP. I looked at the miles 49,898.
Damn! my eyes nearly Popped out of my Head.
I pulled over Immediately and called JIM ELLIS PORSCHE. explained what was going on, confirmed that we do not have the EW and asked him what did he want me to do? park it right here until a Tow truck arrives to carry it up to you or bring it up myself (knowing I live over 150miles away= she will arrive with more then 50K. he said bring it in as soon as you can. we will do the work under the warranty because you called us).
i thought, Now THAT is taking care of the customer. we were given the new Mazda CX7 suv as a loaner which was cool. 3 weeks later as i am about to leave back to the desert, i call and they say the whole tranny had to be replaced and it should be ready by friday. i said; ok, cause i fly so my wife will handle the pick up.
the following week, AFTER i left is when a "technician" called my wife saying the Cayenne is Ready for pick up and the bill is $5,841! she flipped out.
This is where the "shyt" hit the fan so to speak.
it was amicable resolved but that is what i was reffering to but to be clear JIM ELLIS PORSCHE did eventually take care of us regardless on how many hours i had to stay up late from over here to get on the phone and mediate the situation between my wife and J.E.Porsche.
so to conclude. who was the One upset was a technician who did not Read the Notes in there system under Our name or Vehicle. he did not know that we called when the Cayenne had 49,898K and got the OK to drive it in knowing it would arrive over 50K. I should Not have made it seem like it was Porsche the manufacturer or the dealer themsleves but a tech who had a bad day and was not thorough as he usually is.
who tried to take advantage of us was the porsche dealer in Wa. they were the ones who tried to charge me a rediculous amount of money according to the Miles i had on my Cayenne and all the website they reffered asked for current milage and the prices quoted were fluctuated just the same according to the milage inputed

dmlgc, $5K is Rediculous. BMW of Columbus, ga is not the best but even they have Quoted me $1995 for a 2yr/50K mile BMW EmW (extended maintaince warranty) for our new X6 50i WHICH HE SAID WAS THE SAME AS WHAT IS OFFERED FOR THE X5.

QUOTE=dmlgc;3080799]so far it doesn't look like anyone that has taken delivery on an X6 has sprung for the EW.
I guess, I maybe the 1st then! now, i have not heard anything about a wheel/Tire warranty but could see why it would be considered because those run flats are expensive. [/QUOTE]

The $5k was for extended power train warranty.