11-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #11
Bmw x6 n57
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerrantoss View Post
Thank you all for the information guy!!

I took my car in to the shop and read the hidden codes.
The code did say something similar to "Insufficient coolant flowing into the engine".

Over 4 days, the fan starts to spin at maximum speed more often, and much earlier.
The last day i drove, it starts spinning even before the engine became hot at all (about 2 minutes after driving).

I have parked the car in the garage now, because as you guys said, it will go out soon - and I will have to tow the car.

In terms of pricing, I also asked around, and I want to provide some visibility to the people who encounter the same problem in the future.

This is priced directly from the Parts Department of Brian Jessel BMW Vancouver, Canada, as of 2015:

Water Pump: $630
Bolt: $17
Thermostat: $180

Auto Shops will be able to get a 15% discount.
And I was quoted 3.5 hours for the replacement.

So.. definitely a $1000+ job...

Hello I own a BMW x6 4.0d 306 cp n57.
For some time the fans are starting to run sometimes and the temperature suddenly fluctuates between 90 and 112 degrees. Is not getting highter then this. But is happening only when I'm driving constantly at 1400-1700 rpm with the cruise control activated. In acceleration or when the engine is idling the temperature is normal, 90 degrees. I'm mentioning that I have a new thermostat, auxiliary new pomp and a new temperature sensor. The car is not losing any coolant and is not making any pressure in the expansion vessel.
Appreciate 0