Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
I wouldn’t recommend removing the “back engine cover and weather stripping” if you mean the plastic engine partition. They serve a purpose to keep the rain out of the engine bay. The water does over time damage injectors and electrical components as well as corrode the engine bolts. Unless you plan to never drive it in the rain. I cant say if it lowers under hood temps a meaningful amount as I don’t recall anyone doing before and after measurements. Just some anecdotal reports. Unlike some of the other mods like hood louvres.

The lower temp oil cooler is fine in the summer. But could keep oil temps too low in the winter to burn off water/fuel. There are downsides to this mod.

No downsides on the low temp thermostat as far as I can tell.

No downsides on a turbo blanket

Catless dp, makes it hard to pass inspection if you have a state that requires it.

Personally I’ve done, low temp coolant thermostat, turbo blanket, and heat shielding on oil and coolant lines. I run mine in pretty extreme conditions most of the time and these mods seem to be fine. I tow in 100+ heat at full throttle for long stretches.
Appreciate 2