View Single Post
      04-06-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

It depends on how bad the job was on the windshield. I’ve had a windshield replaced by a reputable company with BMW glass and seal and when I pulled my a pillars to re-adhere the felt on the trim I found that the seal had been glued partially to the pillars. I was super stressed for like 10 mins then grabbed a razor blade and 30 seconds later the pillar was free with no visible damage. It just took a steady hand and a razor blade...but if the job was done very poorly, it might be a real pain to cut it off.
The Avin thing is stupid, but I can see any dealer charging the same whether it’s Toyota or whatever. Just because they now take responsibility for something aftermarket that they know nothing about. If they broke the avin or messed up the wires you may go running to them saying they better replace it.
Honestly though...they are are charging you for the above reasons and mainly because you don’t go see them regularly. They will put up with stuff for people they see all the time but a random guy they’ll get upset for anything out of the ordinary.
Appreciate 0