09-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #10
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ivert View Post
Also, would you buy a CPO from PA? Should I be worried about bent rims, corrosion and rust? I may have mentioned it but my 135i rims will have to be refurbed - the paint was peeling off and I didn't catch it at PPI. Also, not a warranty item. MN car.
I would personally be leery of a vehicle from the Northeast. Members in this region may disagree, which is fine. Salt, chemicals, etc. are a way of life in that region so it's probably not a big deal?

My only personal experience is this - I'm in Seattle and paid to have a PPI done on a 2011 X5 that was for sale locally, but was originally from NJ. The PPI turned up a few red flags, most notably 'considerable corrosion on the undercarriage.' I'm not saying all vehicles from that region would be the same, but after that I just skipped over any X5 that popped in my searches from the NE. It's too bad too because there are a ton of X5's for sale in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ivert View Post
Doing a VIN search on this car shows that it's got a few option combinations I haven't seen before:

1) S220A
Niveauregulierung Self-levelling suspension - I haven't seen this one without the 3rd row seating. Plus, I hear you have to be prepared to change the bags. If that's the only issue, fine. But I don't plan on towing with it.

2) S451A
Aktivsitz für Fahrer Active seat for driver and S456A
Komfortsitz mit Memory Comfort seat with memory. What seats do the driver and passenger get? With my bad back I have to have either sport seats or comfort seats. I've never come across the S451A!

Other than that this could be my car. You only get 11 months of maintenance but would probably go the full 2 yrs/100K miles of CPO after that. I can live with that.
I've seen self leveling on quite a few X5's w/o 3rd row. I think I even started a thread on this but don't believe I ever got a straight answer. Not sure why some have it and some don't, given it was not an 'option'

S451A Active Seat is part of the Active Ventilated Seat Package (ZAV) - only the driver gets the Active Seat. Comfort Seats (otherwise known as 'Multi-contour seats) are also part of ZAV, so the front passenger would get the Comfort Seats in this case.
Appreciate 0