Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think his overall point was that most individuals with the coin to buy a GTR and/or working in certain professions wouldn't even consider a GTR. Despite its accolades, it's just not a car that they'd chose nor associate with success. When you see an M, a 7, an S, a Range, a high end Jag, a high end Porsche, etc., you almost immediately associate that person with success. The perception may not parallel reality, but in many cases perception IS, indeed, reality.
For the same reason that most people who buy a 335i do not buy the M Sport model, I would agree with that. The majority of those who buy any high end car, generally do not know much about them and are only buying them because they are the cars that the uninformed public associates with success. The informed buyer who doesn't give a shit what other people think would certainly buy a GTR because, in that price range, there is little competition in terms of performance. Obviously if you're a real estate agent or someone who needs to bring clients around in your car, any coupe will be impractical and you would buy one of the cars mentioned above.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0