05-21-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Here is what I find a bit hard to believe, Calif has some pretty tough labor laws and work safety rules if it was really this bad calif would be all over it.

The Electronics industry tried this stuff back in the 80's and 90's and the state was all over them. They use to abuse temp workers, so they did not have to hire them full time. They would hire temps and keep them for years and would not allow overtime, they would just hire more temps to avoid overtime. Because of this the longest some on can be temp is 18 months, the company either had to hire them or let them go and could not bring them back for a period of time without hiring them as permanently. Also any one who is hourly generally do not complain about overtime, time and half is good money.

Not saying it is not hard working at tesla, but their is more to this story than what we are hearing.
I agree with that. Also need to note that these seem to be ex employees. Many probably got fired or let go and are salty. I've been working in manufacturing for a while now and people will complain about the most ridiculous things in the process sometimes. I also didn't see too much in this article in terms of ergonomics that isn't true of any assembly plant. Some of the jobs are overhead for example but they rotate people around and one of the reasons is ergonomics.