View Single Post
      12-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #65
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateX5M View Post
My X5M has had soot accumulation for months, and has been going into limp mode with greater frequency, to the point now where it is basically every time I start it. Luckily, it usually goes away after shutting it off and restarting, although yesterday it kept coming back 4 times in total I believe on the same drive. It goes in tomorrow for diagnosis. I anticipate replacing both banks of injectors and plugs. Glad the new injectors are out - I hope they resolve the problem. I delayed doing anything about it, as I was hoping I would hear about a solution, and didn't want to have to go through it twice. How many hours are involved in replacing the injectors and plugs - anyone know? How long have they kept your SAV's?
Bro, did you have your injectors replaced? The labor hours for the injectors is est. around 13-15 hours @ $135 per hour at stealership. The cost of the parts, 8 injectors @ $1098.

Spark plugs cost $ 225 for 8 of them, the time to replace them is less than 45 minutes because the working area is good, enough for clearance. My friend did the work for me.
I think there are a lot more owners facing the same issue, it is time for me to take the bullet and replace the damn injectors.

I used the bmw ISTA-D check the parts on DME, there is no fault code storage related to the fuel injectors.

Anyone replace the new injectors yet?
This is a valuable thread

I believe most of the owners of the x5m already jump the boat