View Single Post
      04-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #206
Rcase
AW M Addict
Rep
Drives: BMW Collector

Round 2 - BMW Austin - Service Fee No Fix 1st

The first time we brought my wifes X5M in I spoke to the service advisor about the fuel, black deposits and the several misfire codes. He said based on the diagnostics it was certainly aligned with Injector recall. I cleared the codes before driving it 45 minutes away and either by coincidence or clearing codes the vehicle drove. We made it to BMW Austin and they of course stated it had no codes - they took the vehicle several days - service tech even drove home (noting they did not refill the vehicle). They could not reproduce so they sent me home with a service bill and nothing done. As an owner of many BMW's I am super frustrated that they not only charged me, but did not take care of the car when i had a screenshot of the errors, the reduced power warning!! "We cannot replace anything unless our computers show codes per BMW NA". I dont believe this at all, however that was the story.

Her X5M has done the same thing twice but now it happens regularly. I have setup another service at BMW of Austin for Wednesday. The car has reduced power on now and a plethora of codes.

If this is not repaired I will contact BMW NA. I am also filing for a refund on the service fee. I would have never had the codes cleared the first time if the SA did not say - yes we will replace the injectors.

This may be my last experience with BMW of Austin (North). A service department makes the business, not sales as I understand. The way service operates is my marker for if I will ever purchase a car there. I guess I will drive to BMW Houston or San Antonio if this is not resolved.
2010 Alpine White X5M || All 3 Pedals Sans X5M
alpinewhitem.com //coming soon
Appreciate 0