United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99
personally the 4.8 was lacking power and the 6speed trans was always searching. The LCI version is a great car and light years better than pre-LCI. FYI, research M cars if you have not already. add the M and not only do you get a great vehicle but M does stand for money, at the time of purchase and in every other aspect..

FYI, dealer maintained means very little. At 78K you have had maybe 5 oil changes and I would bet no other fluid changes than coolant and brake fluid. People have differing opinions on this topic but my friends who are BMW SA's and Techs have advised me on mid cycle oil changes and changing Trans/dif/transfer fluids at 50K.
Thanks for the insight. I looked at the dealer who had two 4.8i cars but both had 79k and 82k respectively and were out of warranty and had the old electronics. So I ended up going with a CPO'd X5M with full service records avail and I checked records ahead of time too. Understand that new BMW maintenance program does basically a few oil changes only and maybe an air filter now since BMW pays the bill. This is why I turned down the extra extended maintenance package the finance guys at the dealer tried to sell me. I personally follow the BMW Old School Maintenance Program with my cars! Go above and beyond to make sure I am not spending $$$ later on that was preventable.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0