View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #20
bmwstve
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X6, MHD Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
maybe i missed it, but whats the actual fault?
Sorry I'm a beginner at this

1. I had these codes

ENGINE FAULT light, engine have unstable rpm, like its having a hard time 'breathing''.
-DME active codes-
2DCE - Valvetronic System: No adjustment possible.

- DME Shadow (inactive) codes-
2DD0 - Valvetronic system: Control deviation warning threshold exceeded.
2E11 - Valvetronic system: bottom limit position learned

2. Then, After about 2 hours
I started the car, still have engine fault light, reduced power and unstable rpm

3. I wanted to check using other method so, I plugged in ELM327 to check the code, no code found, (I used an apple app for ELM327)
I restarted the car, Engine Fault suddenly disappeared for no reason. I did not clear or do anything.

4. Plugged back MHD app, no engine fault light

5. Using MHD app - (I reset the all the adaptations I forgot if i had reset adaptations first or I had the new active code DME 2E0F , I forgot which happened first cause i was tensed that time)

DME Active Codes
2E0F - Valvetronic system: deactivated, adjustment fault too frequent

DME Shadow (inactive) Codes
2DD0Valvetronic system: Control deviation warning threshold exceeded.

6. I restarted the car again to check if engine fault was there,

No engine fault

7. Then finally had this:
DME Active Codes
2E0F - Valvetronic system: deactivated, adjustment fault too frequent

No shadow inactive code

8. I decided to Flash it back to stock (remove MHD)

then I checked the codes again, there was no DME codes after flashing back to stock, no engine fault. But, I dont dare to drive it, I just started it and let it idle.

I noticed there seem to be a new "clicking noise", that wasn't there before i did this tune

PS. is Valvetronic and Vanos the same? because I knew that N55 engines had a VANOS recall regarding the bolts loosening/ shearing off. But I already had it done by the dealer many years ago. But now that this had happened, Im starting to question if they really did the repair on the vanos recall or not.
quite concerned cause i've read some threads regarding Vanos bolts failing and causing major damage to engine. cause most of the vanos problems ive read have some sort of tune in their n55

thanks. hope someone could help
Appreciate 0