View Single Post
      12-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #88
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I'll know more tomorrow when mine comes and I start looking closer at things. AVIN's DVR doesn't look plug and play in that there's a wire harness that has red, black, yellow and a USB connection vs the eBay one only appears to have USB and a power wire. If the AVIN unit is intended to replace a factory rearview mirror surround, with the assumption that the vehicle doesn't have rain sensing wipers, then that's a huge asterisk they need to add onto their options list for those with the sensor as deleting it (I can't see why anyone would want to) requires coding out the sensor, otherwise simple things like intermittent wipers stop functioning all together when the sensor isn't there. I'm sure they keep their information minimal for comparison reasons...people won't pay $150 if they think it's exclusive to them vs giving lots of info so people can look elsewhere for cheaper options. I figured out the DVR was just a USB device after looking at the same stereos on eBay and seeing their connections layouts. I still chose AVIN only because they had better prices for the same stereo.
could you post some pictures when you get it? and hopefully there is a manual that comes with it. I believe they knew about the rain sensor and made the case correctly.. but let's see.
Appreciate 0