12-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #71
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
As far as discounts go, yes this is the first I've seen discount on Avin myself! The regular price is about $550 and u can usually get about $35 off at any time, just ask, this is what I did back in October. So even if there is no big discount going on the difference in $25 won't kill u especially shipping is usually free
I got an E70 unit (GPS splitter as the only add-on) and an E61 (GPS splitter, backup camera and DVR as the add-ons) units, they charged me full price for all items, then refunded me the price of the GPS splitters a backup camera as part of our deal to make them free. Part of what prompted my earlier response about shipping locations is because I wanted to back out of buying their $150 single camera DVR after I found a $38 dual camera DVR on eBay. What I figured would happen actually happened on their next email reply..."aww, man...we already boxed it and shipped it. We could recall it from the shipper if you'd like to wait". I said I'd pass but asked for my tracking info if that's the case...didn't get tracking info for two days and that's when I discovered it's being shipped from HK vs CA. Once I get everything in hand, I'm gonna take pics of all the pieces, including the "free" GPS splitter and backup camera...I'm sure they're nothing more than $5 and $20 pieces that can be found online easily. It is what it is, now I just hope it works as expected.
Appreciate 0