United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph98 View Post
Very interested in buying this screen but I'm wondering if it's possible to disable the auto switching to 'aux-in' source when selecting Android?

This would be useful as it will allow me to continue to listen to music from one of the original vehicle audio sources (CD, HDD, Radio, Etc) whilst using the screen to display Google Maps (for example).

I realise that I won't get any audio from Google Maps unless I switch to Aux-In but I want the capability to choose rather than be forced to use Aux-in as soon as Android is connected.

Also I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that you don't always need to connect to the Aux-in connection in the centre console to get Android Audio, depending on vehicle and spec. Have any of the guys putting these into X5's found that they don't need to use the aux-in connection for audio?

Thanks
First u don't need to switch auto-aux off to get sound for navigation, u will connect unit to
center speaker and will get u directions thru it, it will also put a volume down for u playing source!
Unless u switch to video, music etc., u original source will still be playing.

As far connecting AUX cable to center console u won't know until u try it! I've seen same configuration cars behaving differently!

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
jph980.00