View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #171
udmx6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7, i3s

Mine came with M Door Sill but No Black Chrome Exhaust tips, Stainless Accelerat.pedal and Black Fog Light Surrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex5 View Post
For the record - I spoke with an official internal sourse regarding the M performance package, and it does not include black fog light surrounds - as shown on the BMWUSA website. Those black surounds feature on the european version of the package.

The mistake that occurred on the production line for our cars is essentially limited to no M doorsills and chrome exhaust tips.

BMWNA hasn't decided on a remedy yet - whether to replace the tips or paint them.

I'm looking to upgrade the muffler since our X6 with its $4,400 M perf. pack comes with the same sound as a base 35i (unlike an M sport 35i X5 which has an ideal sound from its performance muffler ). So I'd prefer a credit as opposed to my dealer painting the existing tips black (which btw is a terrible idea unless its powder coated - the heat will cause flaking/discoloration). My service advisor mentioned that the tips are welded on to the pipe. If that's true, it would seem the solution would be to replace the whole muffler (the rear silencer is one piece with the pipes leading to the tips) Final thought here: What if the black tips which BMW envisioned using, and may by now be using on the production line for cars not yet finished are actually (wait for it) connected to a sport muffler as with the M sport X5 35i?!
On the shred of hope that this may be true, I will be watching diligently to see how the cars are coming through in the near future.

Regards,
DRP
Attached Images

Appreciate 0