View Single Post
      12-17-2008, 09:53 AM   #1
norcalty
Rep
Drives: 2005 X5

Angry Someone stole my X5 without a key...

We have a 2005 X5. In June someone stole it out of our driveway. The doors were locked (we're always very careful about locking them because we live near a high school and the kids will steal out of your cars).

We have the two keys plus the plastic valet key for it. Anyway they drove it about 40 miles and then went through it and just stole our nav disc and our iPod charger. They abandoned the vehicle near our home and we found it two days later with just a broken mirror and they scraped the side of the tire and fender on something. Crazy thing is... they locked the damned doors and set the alarm!

The insurance and car lot couldn't believe it was stolen without a key. They grilled us and we showed them we had all three keys. The BMW lot checked the car to see if there were any other keys made for it that were active and they said that our keys were the only keys in the system.

Now it's December and this morning I go out to my car and climb in and the driver's side seat belt is buckled when I climb in... I knew something was off given I drove it last night and would never have locked the drivers side seatbelt into itself. I leave an ipod in my car every night but I drop it under the seat so people can't see it. Our windows are tinted limo black all around so it's hard to see in anyway, specially in the dark.

Anyway I remember locking my doors last night because I dropped my keys as I as fumbling to lock it and then picked them up and locked it.

This morning my car was locked. They set the radio to an AM station, stole my ipod and RE-LOCKED MY CAR.

Now how in the hell is someone doing this? I'm about to sell this damned car because someone can obviously just get into it anytime they want. I thought these cars were thief-proof? Should I get ANOTHER alarm put on it to keep someone out of it?

Has anyone heard of this happening?
Appreciate 0