04-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #5
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36bmer View Post
Very nice. Right at 4000 rpm, you're going from about 275hp to 400hp, and hitting up to 550wtq a little earlier, pretty serious increase. It seems a little odd how the HP comes down then seems to go back up again, but I'm sure it feels completely different now.

Now for some Pure Turbos!
http://www.pureturbos.com/store/bmw-...de-turbos.html
I agree with you on how odd it is to see the dip in HP only to have it come back up again. I wish they would have pushed it a little higher on the RPM's as well but I can always wait until next time.

Ahhh... yes the pure turbos. I am considering redoing the intake to mount the air filters in the upper wheel well next to the head lights. I would need to first find a way to funnel air from the two smaller grilles on either side of the bumper up into that compartment but there is a good deal of space there. I would then use the space where the filters currently are to mount a huge air to air intercooler and do away with the stock intercoolers.

From previous experience the intercooler switch alone I believe will net some very nice hp and tq gains. I would actually venture to guess more then any other single mod I have done with the exception of the tune. After the intercooler it will be time for the turbos. I have spent a grip of $$$$ lately on my truck so I think future upgrades will be a few months off but I'm always planning my next move