11-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #36
MuffinMan910
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 335i xDrive mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek View Post
Welcome to e90post Jokerone. People on here tend to get off topic especially when someone mention about buying a bmw at a young age. Don't take it personal Since you (or your parents) have the money to buy you a car in that range....I would just go with 335i. Even though 335i is significantly faster, the 328i is definitely not a slow vehicle. So either car would get you into a lot of trouble if you are not responsible. But given that you are a straight A's student with AP classes, I would imagine you have a pretty good sense of responsibility, I say either car would be fine for you. If you got the money and can afford it, why setttle for less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniXP View Post
+1. Everyone on here is making such a big deal about getting a BMW for his first car. The 328 he linked to is 11k. Yea a lot of people's parents don't buy them a car, but a lot also buy their kids 15-20k civics and no one says anything.

My e46 was my first car (paid for myself, although my parents did loan me some of the money) and it was funny how people would stereo type me just bc it's a bmw. There was a girl with a new focus once making some comment about my car. She was suprised when I told her she could have bought 2 of my car for the price of her 18k focus that her parents got her.

OP. I would go with the 328 if your set on an e90. You may also want to look into an e46. They're easier to work on, so may be a better first car to learn your way around.
+1 don't listen to negative comments. i bought my first new car when i was 19 so i was a bit older but its the same premise. people were hard on me cause i paid cash for a factory ordered 2012 mustang… always got the "your first car should be garbage". but it was my car so i did what i wanted. if you want a bmw as your first car go for it.

when it comes down to a 328 or 335… if you can afford the potential higher repairs for the 335, go with that. if not a 328 is still an amazing car

and milage wise… obviously the lower the better. i bought my 335 with 55,000km on it and that was pretty much as high as i wanted to go on a used car
Appreciate 0