View Single Post
      05-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #9
X5 Minent
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M E70 - Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Daffern View Post
Yeah, I was going to buy a Cayenne Turbo but the local Porsche dealer wasn't willing to come off the sticker price. I came across a couple of reviews of the X5M and contacted the USAA buyers service who put me in touch with a dealer who'd sell me a car for $500 over invoice. In comparing both cars it seemed to me that although the Cayenne had marginally better performance, I'd probably never know the difference. I like the looks of the Cayenne a little bit better than the BMW, but not enough to justify spending $30-40k more. What sold me on the BMW was the performance, maintenance program, well thought out drivers aid systems (iDrive, Nav, BMW apps, etc) and the price.

As you noted, we own several Porsches but I also had a 1974 E9 Alpina Coupe I bought new and owned for 30 years. I only sold it in 2004 to make room for the Speedster and I still miss it. The Porsche dealer seemed to take my business for granted and ticked me off while the BMW dealer gave me a great price and did a good job to get the deal done. I hope the X5M turns out to be a good choice, but time will tell.

Hope this helps.
Just so you know, your X5 M outperforms the Cayenne Turbo, so you definitely made the right choice. I just got past the break in on mine and have not decided if I am pleased with the X5 M. I thik I'm going to have to take it to PP Performance for some performance mods. I haven't gotten to run against many cars yet, most of them just get in the right lane. But, I did run up against and pull away from a CL 63 AMG at about 170mph, before coming up on some traffic on the A61. That's the fastest I've gotten so far, anybody know if our X5 Ms are governed? I'll certainly do my best to find it in the meantime. Drive well.
1964 Ford Thunderbird Landau- 429 Thunderjet - Triple Jet Black on White - Sold
Appreciate 0