View Single Post
      10-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #56
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I don't believe it works like that. The JB4 reads and clears CEL codes, but seeing as the Reduced Power warning isn't kicking a CEL, I'm sure you're still going to have to cycle the engine. I've gotten to the point where I do it while driving if the conditions permit without being a safety issue.

Of the codes I get, I've gotten 30FF more than once. While searching here next see results, do that same search on some mass produced cars like the the 3 or 5 series powered N54's and you'll see theads, YouTube videos, etc in regards to wastegate issues. Long story short but I've gotten myself another set of downpipes, so I'm going to vacuum pump the wastegates and adjust the preload on the wastegate arms while I've hit the downpipes out. It's a very common practice on the N54 but I've never read about it being done here.
I just recently replaced the injectors, coils, & spark plugs, but I'm still getting the Reduced Power warning when I floor the car onto the freeway or any full acceleration like that.

Now that I've ruled out the ignition system, I'm bringing it back into European Auto Source (a pretty good reputable indy shop in SoCal) to see if they can figure out whats wrong. I'll be sure to mention what you said about the wastegate. I've also been told it could be the throttle bodies. Anything else that I should mention to have them look at/rule out?

At this point who knows what it is...
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0