View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 11:41 PM   #13
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Flame suit on for those who preach "you've got a $100k car"...

I've been looking at Atturo AZ850 tires only because they've gotten great reviews on the Cherokee SRT8 forums...basically a truck that's known to be our competition. I don't know why they're so popular in the Dodge community, but there's videos all over YouTube from just about every Dodge model out that saying how much they like them in ranges from 20's to 22's.

Prior to the X5M I had an E53 4.4 X5 that came with iForged 20's wrapped in Lexani LX4000 tires, they were OK and survived hard driving to Bimmerfest (Seattle to Hollywood to Vegas and back to Seattle) but I didn't like their soft sidewalls...the tires almost looked low in pressure in the front if I parked with the wheels turned because the sidewalls would deform. They also tended to feel like they developed flat spots if parked for more than a few days but it would go away after being warmed up. I'm sure that model is no longer available so I can only assume/hope they've since upgraded.

Last time I bought a set of the Pirellis was for my Harley Davidson F150 that sits on the same spec 22's as my X5M, but that was almost two years ago when I got all 4 for $1100 shipped...nowadays it's almost double that! I was so shocked by the price jump that I took the rears off the Harley and put them onto the X5M hoping maybe their price bubble would burst...no such luck. That's absurd considering how they're going to be used (DD straight line street queen) and it's not like the Pirellis have been the best tire for me either...blew through a set of rears after only a year on the X5M, one front tire seems to have split where the sidewall meets the tread...leaks just enough to require air every couple of weeks, yet close enough to the sidewall that tire places won't apply a patch so basically I'm throwing them both away while still having plenty of life :/

Let's be real...a truck on 22's isn't meant for track performance driving anyways, it's for cruising the streets. I also don't cruise parking lots checking for tire brands and then judging people either. Even if the Atturo tires last as long as the Pirellis and don't exhibit the flatspot/soft sidewalls of the Lexani, I'll be happy as they got the same job done without spending 4x as much. Considering their price differences, they're cheap enough to try.

Last edited by m5james; 05-07-2018 at 11:52 PM..
Appreciate 0