01-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
Thinkkkker
BMWs since 1977
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek1 View Post
So....some dum fuk decided to steal one of my tow eye covers. I cant really understand how anyone would have the decency to do that, but the funniest part is that I have a very rare Individual paint color, so whoever stole it wouldn't be able to use it anyway. What is wrong with people these days?

Now I have to go through an annoying process of getting a set of covers, getting them painted with my color, etc.

Does anyone know the part number for these covers? I found quite a few on eBay, but every auction description states that they don't fit a 2012 X5M.

EK dont jump to conclusions. I had the same experience with my 2012 X5M and thought the same thing Why would someone want to rip the tow cover. The dealer convinced me that the covers are prone to "fall off' and replaced it with two new covers (one as a spare for the "next time") and both were painted to match the truck color. No charge. My rig had 15k. Check with your SA and point out there are no marks indicating forced removal of the cover. Good luck!
Appreciate 0