View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

What a load of bullcr*p! They know that people curb their wheels; that's why they push wheel and tire warranties. Perhaps they are skulking around on all the W&TW claims and voiding all their suspension warranties!

Anyhow, from your 'curb rash' does it somehow appear that the car was in an accident? "Randomly grazing curbs in normal driving" should be covered under your warranty since, well, its normal. However, "going sideways over a median because a truck was changing into your lane" isn't.

You should dig deeper with your SA, and if you don't get anywhere with him, talk to the service manager.

I don't put a lot of miles on my car (<9k/yr), but my SA knows that I'm no sissy with it. I go over speed bumps "faster than is advisable". Does that void the warranty on my struts? Like, no.

One thing that WAS laughable though was this: my battery in my '11 X5 died after less than one year. When he came back with the car he said that I would only get one 'courtesy replacement' because I had driven (like over 250) trips of less than 5 miles in the last 60 days (all the computer kept track of) and that the car was not designed to do that. WHAT? I said: My '03 X5 did that just fine for 7 yrs, thank you very much and you'll keep my car starting without telling me that my car was not designed to drive.
Appreciate 0