View Single Post
      12-10-2020, 12:34 PM   #57
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Correct, this tweeter model does come with a filter (capacitor) and the tweeter will thus receive 8500Hz - 24k Hz (per Option S752A Amp Specs, the only spec they give, smh).

I emailed Dayton Audio about a custom LPF...how hard can it be for them? HOWEVER, I'm not sure if an LPF at 10k or 12k is doing anything significant seeing as the mid is at some point incapable of playing higher frequencies...thoughts?
8500hz sounds like a very high cutoff for a tweeter, and obviously for the mid. The Hertz tweeters that I posted with 1,500hz cut off can probably really free up the mids and have clearer highs.

That being said, BMW should be ashamed of themselves. You should see the B&W system in the X6M - it has these gorgeous stainless steel grilles, the speakers are backlit and I can change brightness and colors.

In the Rolls Royce the grilles are even more gorgeous, they are like work of art. Yet behind them, you get basically a run of the mill sound system that is only impressive because all other BMW's sound systems are basically subpar.
Appreciate 0