View Single Post
      06-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #59
Dawgman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i M Sport

Well, it took an entire week to fix a coolant hose and rebleed the coolant system, but I finally got my X back. High quality detail inside and out, but had to bark at them pretty hard to make my point.

Turns out, the hose came out, I had no coolant, and was driving in 90 degree weather. Nice. Pretty funny, the notes said they attempted to reinstall the hose and the C clamp failed. I don't know if they did this for warranty or what, but I have a hard time believing a brand new hose clamp failed after 20 miles of driving. I would bet they just didn't install it correctly.

Told me it would be ready on the 6th, but wanted to take extra time to make sure everything worked, so it would be ready on the 7th. No calls, no communication until 3pm on Friday the 10th. SA is a tool, but the service manager actually followed up with me today to profusely apologize for everything and make sure I was satisfied with everything. So far so good, but anything not related to this warranty I will go to BMW Seattle from now on.

2 years with the car, over $30k in repairs, 6 weeks in the shop. Only good thing is no money out of my pocket, but still. Hard to continue believing in BMW's when it is in the shop this much. All of my GMC's have been absolutely trouble free for the last 10+ years.

This recall cracks me up. These driveshafts can have severe breakdowns. My driveshaft was inches away from causing a major multicar pileup as it was flying through the air at 70MPH. Nice lawyerspeak in the announcement. I guess they were getting tired of $20k repairs for every failure coming into the dealerships. Too little too late.
Appreciate 0