06-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #51
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgman
Just wanted to give an update. Went back last Friday to pick up the car. Exactly 2 weeks after the failure. Not bad considering everything they had to replace, but if you are going through a lot of these failures and have most everything in stock, maybe it is normal.

First off, they said they put 50 miles on the car to ensure everything was proper. When I picked it up, there were heavy grease marks, dirty hand prints, and some scratches around the hood area. Obviously did not use an engine mat. It took me 1 block to realize the steering was out of alignment, with the steering wheel being off to the right and pulling right. Within 2 miles of driving, the low coolant engine light turned on. I called my SA after my 4 mile drive back to my office and he said it is probably air in the hoses and should be fine. Sure. A bit of a concern with the 90 degree temperatures in Seattle last weekend.

Within 3 miles of driving home on I90, the high temperature alarms and warnings started going off. Within 2 more miles, my engine went into shutdown mode. Once again, in rush hour traffic on a Friday. Pull over, wait 15 minutes for the temperature to go down, get another 2 miles, rinse repeat, etc. Finally had to get off the freeway and get picked up. Had to tow it back to BMW. Turns out, a coolant line came off and I had no coolant in the engine.

Having a hard time believing they can test it for 50 miles and within 2 miles of driving the car I was having problems. Add to list getting towed twice in 2 weeks, missing kids soccer games and other important events, alignment having to be redone, grease and scratches on car, wasting several hours of my time, it has been really fun. Oh, and I have to wait a few weeks to get reimbursed from BMW for my tow bill. They changed their policy and won't let the dealership handle this directly with the customer. So now I have to fill out info on my ownership and submit paperwork to BMW and wait. BMW corporate doesn't seem too concerned about customers experience. It is obviously a warranty item. Why make the customer jump through hoops rather than just deal directly with the dealership? Next thing you know, I will have to shell out $20k for the repair, submit all receipts, and wait a month or two for reimbursement. Makes no sense.

All of my paperwork on this repair has been zeroed out. No idea on the cost, but was told it was roughly $20k for the full repair. Add another $1k to the bill with their latest screw ups. Not the experience I was hoping for with my 4th BMW. Planning on 2 new cars within the next year and having an even harder time justifying staying with this brand with the lack of customer service corporate is giving. They just don't seem to get it.
You know, sometimes I think it's dealer specific,
I've had some BMW dealers bend over backward and when I had a tow bill they took it on their dime since I was having repair work with them. They where class act. Then these latest clowns are a real joke and sometimes I wonder if they even belong working on or near an automobile.

My i3 when I dropped it off had the same thing greasy hand prints all over my white interior. Not only did I take it back I demanded to talk to the tech and give him a talking to about how to take care of a customers car and that it's not a used chevette, though even a used chevette shouldn't be given back to the customer in any less condition than what it was dropped off as. I could tell from talking to him The dealer didn't look very hard to find this fellow. They replaced all the dirty panels and used white glove treatment after that but I haven't been back.

I have yet to find a great dealer here in Chicago like I did have in Michigan. The whole experience of owning a BMW is different here.

Oh well.

Sorry for your experience man. I'd be beyond livid with those clowns !
Appreciate 1