View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #82
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellInman View Post
I have a 2007 x5 with similiar issues. 6 months ago it was doing this and then it just shut down on me while driving on the highyway. Dealer said bad battery could not hold much charge and the aternator was over working so the computer turned the alternator off and the the battery drained and car died. AGM Battery was replaced and registered to the car. 4 weeks ago leaving the pool I started the car and the high drain message showed up again. The clocks were even out so how it started i have no idea??? A week later on the highway after driving 80 miles it shuts down. So once again the computer told the alternator to turn off and the battery drained out. I restared the car with anouther battery i took out of my 3 series and connected it using jumper cables to the terminals under the hood. It stared right up and has worked fine for the last two weeks. I just dont get it????
There are a lot of modules that they can check,,,finally what worked for me was the replacement of the radio,,,,,,,this was after they replaced almost everything else in the car
Appreciate 0